Friday, March 3, 2017

Perfect pearls tutorial

Wow.... this has been an exciting couple of days. Not only did I win a mixed media challenge, but Ranger Ink has been reposting my Instagram post, of a work in progress with perfect pearls. On their post on facebook quite a few ladies asked for a tutorial.....so here it goes!

This is the unfinished tag in question, as I only have this pic and the one of the finished tag, I decided to do the whole process again with another tag, and make sure to take pics at every step.
This is the finished shell tag. I love this stamp by Emerald Creek Craft Supplies. The little semi precious stones are from the Quarry range, also by Emerald Creek. 

This is how I made a similar tag:

You need a stamp, your surface, I prefer tags, some colors of Perfect Pearls, Perfect Medium, a fine brush and a broader brush, a spray bottle of water and I finish off with hair spray. Just to make sure nothing rubbs off when I send it in the mail.

I stamped my image with Perfect Medium. No need to use black Perfect Medium as your surface is already black. I do use black Medium when stamping on lighter surfaces, that way the Perfect Pearls shine even more. 

Then I color the image with different colors. I leave the excess powder there, as when you brush it away at this stage, you brush it only areas you want to give another color. And once the powder is stuck.... it is stuck!
All colors are done, the whole image is colored. Now the real magic will happen......brushing away the exces powder, to reveal the crisp image.....

Tadaaaaaa. It is fine as it is, but ever since the release of the distress oxides, I have been quite obessed with them. And their chalky finish, once oxidised, makes the pearlescence of the perfect pearls pop even more. So this is what I did......

I surrounded it with broken china Oxide. I left a bit of a black border around the image, just so it stands out even more.

This is the finished tag. I did not add any embellishments at this stage, as I might want to add a banner with a sentiment at some point. Not sure yet.

Thank you so much for your visit and have a wonderful day :-)

Keep your craft on and take care.

Freddie
xxx




21 comments:

  1. Wonderful,tags are gorgeous, thanks for sharing your tutorial Freddie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful tutorial, Freddie! Your tags are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much dearest Julia :-). You just made my day xoxox

      Delete
    2. Thank you so so much dearest Julia :-). You just made my day xoxox

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for the tutorial on Perfect Pearls! I think I might have to get some - lol. Adding the distress oxide is pure heaven!! You are so talented Freddie!
    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't you the sweetest? Thank you so much for all your kind words my lovely friend. Mwah mwah mwah! Xxx

      Delete
    2. Aren't you the sweetest? Thank you so much for all your kind words my lovely friend. Mwah mwah mwah! Xxx

      Delete
  4. awsome ... I haven't used my Perfect Pearls in years... looks like time to get em out and use them again... still waiting on my oxide distress pads...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am so happy you are going to use them! They are so much fun! I hope your oxides arrive soon :-).

      Delete
    2. Oh I am so happy you are going to use them! They are so much fun! I hope your oxides arrive soon :-).

      Delete
  5. Hun fantastic just love this tag its just amazing such dimension and detail hugs cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words my der Cheryl xxx

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for your kind words my der Cheryl xxx

      Delete
  6. FABULOUS tutorial, Lovely!!! Just fabulous!!! The rose tag...even though you did it the same as the shell tag... has an entirely different feel! I love how the one with the shell made me think of the ocean and its magical, mysterious feel. Then, the rose...it evokes the soft, dreamy feel of romantic charm. You are one talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest Mel, you always make my day with your kind words and enthusiasm. You make me want to be a better crafter. Thank you so so much for inspiring me, guiding me and praising me. It means the absolute world to me xxx

      Delete
    2. Dearest Mel, you always make my day with your kind words and enthusiasm. You make me want to be a better crafter. Thank you so so much for inspiring me, guiding me and praising me. It means the absolute world to me xxx

      Delete