Saturday, August 16, 2014

A twist on the Tim Holtz tag from July

Hello there,

Thank you for stepping by.
A while ago I joined the monthly tag challenge that Tim does for the 12 tags of 2014. It was the July tag and it involved making sand, a seahorse and sea scape. The one with the acetate backing is the one I made for that challenge. The other one, with the smaller seahorse and red coral, is a tag I made today using my new DesignsbyRyn stamps. I am totally and madly in love with all the bubbles and water droplet stamps.

The tag is coloured with distress stains and the sand is made with distress embossingpowder, distress glitter and glue. I stamped the coral in red and the seahorse in dark blue. I coloured it with distress ink and then with a wink of stella clear pen to give it some sparkle. I stamped the bubbles in tumbled glass distress ink and heat embossed it with holographic embossing powder. Then I coloured the bubbles with tumbled glass distress ink and a waterbrush. Then I highlighted the bubbles with a white gel pen. Add a piece of hemp string and voilà...

The Tim tag is made with the same sand and background. I drew a seahorse as I don't have the die cut and didn't have the stamp yet lol. The rest are all die cuts too. The backgeound is a piece of acetate that I embossed with my cuttlebug. A word band was added and a piece of string and it was done.

It is so easy once you know how it is done ;-)

Until next time, take care...

Frédérique
Xxx


2 comments:

  1. Ooo the second tag is cool too! They make a nice set together :) Thanks for adding your link!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ryn. I made the other tag last month. Drew the seahorse myself as I did not have the stamp yet ;-). I am so happy with my new additions!!! You know have your own binder on my desk filled with stamps hahaha. Can't wait to get more...

      Delete